Forum Title: Replacing spring system in double hung windows
I have several MW wood windows from 1990 where the spring system has popped and the plastic stopper and in some cases, the spring mechanism itself is exposed and loose on the sash. The jamb is vinyl. Can I replace the spring assembly. We are selling the home and would rather put remodeling dollars into a better resale investment. If so, ideas on where to get the parts?
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: MITCHELL VAZQUEZ (Highland, CA), 01/29/2019

It's usually best to replace the entire plastic glazing frame along with the glass. But if you're just sticking a piece of glass in, yes. You'll want to silicone the perimeter of the glass to the plastic frame. Dow Corning 795 silicone is best for glazing.

- SANDRA MOORE (Naperville, IL), 02/14/2019

Remodeling Resources & Links For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527